CategoryRice & Noodles
A great after work dish if you are on the lookout for an Asian meal with some Thai flavour. A must for lovers of Thai cuisine.
Addiction is the relationship I have with this dish. I know many of you are in search of a quick and delicious recipe and maybe it is just me but I find that most quick recipes are mostly non-Asian. So, after I started cooking this dish, I could not help but to keep on cooking it most of the time because of its simplicity and deliciousness. The original Pad Krapow Gai does not have any french beans in it. I hate to admit this but I may have germanized this dish without realizing it. Quite a few of the Thai restaurants here in Germany serve Pad Krapow Gai with french beans which is honestly fine with me because I need a balanced meal fast, to be exact, an Asian balanced meal. This dish has meat and vegetables, all in one. Of course, a bowl of steaming hot rice to go with it! For this recipe, I used minced chicken meat but feel free to use pork or even beef, according to your preference. I enjoyed cooking this so much and I hope it gives you much pleasure trying it out. Alternatively, sweet basil can be used as a substitute.
Related Recipe Ideas
- 1 eggs
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 shallots
- 1 chilli peppers (fresh)
- 250 grams minced meat
- 1 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 0.5 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons fish sauce
- french beans
- 0.5 tablespoons sugar
- holy basil
Steps to Prepare
- Sauté minced shallots, garlic and sliced chillies until fragrant.
- Add minced meat into wok.
- Add in oyster sauce, dark soy sauce and fish sauce.
- Add french beans and cook until slightly soften.
- Stir in sugar to taste and add a handful of basil.
- Serve with hot rice topped with a fried egg.
- Optionally, add some lime juice.