CategoryRice & Noodles
15 minutes Korean spicy kimchi fried rice for a quick meal after a long day at work
Cooking can be quite a hassle especially after a long day at work or school. I am not sure about you but I do get very impatient when I am hungry and tired. Planning the menu, preparing the ingredients and cooking is just too much work then. I am sure many of you could relate to this. Hence, having several fast and easy recipes in hand is extremely helpful. That is how kimchi fried rice recipe came about. With some homemade kimchi in hand, I decided to whip up this dish on a very lazy day. That was when I found this to-go recipe. It's so easy because I always have all the ingredients at home. Fried rice is generally the best recipe as it goes well with any vegetables or meat. I kept it simple and only added some frozen seafood, egg and scallions. You have to try it. It is comfort food at its best. Overnight rice is normally used as it is perfect for cooking fried rice. In this awesome kimchi fried rice recipe, I boiled the rice 20 minutes before cooking. Right after that, the pot of rice was placed into the oven at 50 degrees Celcius with the cover removed. The aim was to remove as much moisture as possible from the rice. You may also place the rice in the refrigerator. Just let it cool down to room temperature before doing so. Adjust the spiciness of the kimchi fried rice by adding the amount of kimchi according to your preference. If you find the kimchi fried rice a little too bland, feel free to add some oyster sauce. Enjoy kimchi fried rice with some cold brewed roasted green tea or any beverage of your choice. I promise this will be a satisfying meal.
Related Recipe Ideas
- 6 tablespoons kimchi
- 1 tablespoons gochujang
- 1 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons frozen seafood
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 kimchi juice
Steps to Prepare
- Sauté minced garlic with some oil at medium heat.
- Add kimchi and gochujang once garlic is fragrant.
- Then, sauté frozen seafood for 30 seconds. Increase heat to the maximum.
- Add rice to pan, along with kimchi juice and fish sauce.
- Set rice at the side of the pan, fry an egg using a teaspoon of oil. When egg is almost cooked, mix it together with rice.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with some fresh scallions. Top it up with some furikake too, if you like.